Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The procrastinator's poem


Today never looked as opportune

As tomorrow, next week or next june

Ripe with potential

So later is preferential

'Cuz today's just gone too soon

With copious chores to partake

A million excuses I make

In attempts to circumvent

I complain and lament

My will power is staring to flake

I hear we mustn't make haste

'Cuz that would lead to waste

That's why I don't worry

There's no cause to flurry

Slow, but steady wins the race

My time - I do not squander

I contemplate and ponder

About Helen of Troy

Or the capital of Illinois

Or wherever my head wish wander

Now, instead of trying to shirk

I better get back to work

This is the cause

For this little pause

(Will pen the rest next week...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

know exactly how u feel!!...been ther, done that..

Anonymous said...

This is excellent, especially since it is procrastination in itself...if only my procrastination was that productive...