Thursday, August 03, 2006

Aaaaaaah - the heat!

Today’s Weather:







Excessive Heat Warning
A VERY HOT AND HUMID AIRMASS WILL REMAIN IN PLACE THROUGH TODAY. ACTUAL AIR TEMPERATURES ARE FORECAST TO TOP OUT BETWEEN 95 AND 100 DEGREES, HOWEVER WITH THE ADDED HUMIDITY, HEAT INDEX VALUES WILL RISE INTO THE 105 TO 110 DEGREE RANGE.


I’m completely dehydrated, lethargic and I’m typing a lot slower. My fingers may have melted from the heat and gotten shorter! Also, my laptop refuses to cool and burns cryptic messages into my thighs! A lukewarm shower is in order. (That’s the coolest my shower goes in this weather!)

Six months of a frigid winter - I craved for June, July and August. I think the large disparity in weather conditions causes episodic memory loss. I’m sure that by the end of this year when my toes will be shorter due to frost-bite... I’ll be talking about the beautiful weather we had on Aug 3rd 2006.

As I sit among 3 fans blowing hot air onto me (and dust for good measure), I can’t help but think - we could all learn something from the weather.
It is the least affected by criticism!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

quite eternal ( and hot) the sunshine is I say!!!

Prashanth said...

Come, come... we Indians are supposed to be immune to the hot weather here, seeing as it pales in comparison to, say, noon in summer at Delhi or Chennai!

Cyberkitty said...

A 97 degrees is nothing compared to a 110 degrees like in Delhi, most Indians should not be so effected by the heat

manuscrypts said...

actually, its customer care wing is in a mess...

sunshine said...

aaah... thats what i thought too... i shudnt be affected... but after enduring winters of -5 F... i'm probably a bit pampered and can't take heat as well anymore :)

P said...

Its hell.... I feel like I am going to just spontaneously combust any second!!

-: :Abhi: :- said...

hehe..Least affected..Hmm..Its tht extreme conditions out there uh...
Nyways nice passing by...Keep gng..

jhantu said...

Ohh damn is PA that bad these days?? I was there for two odd years and loved every moment of it. Bt atleast you guys have the AC, out here in idyllic CA you learn to endure the 100s without even that.

Anonymous said...

AC? what's that?