Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Just Blame it on Another


Everyday toward school I turned;
But, I never worked and never learned;
My 'midnight oil' never burned;
When asked why by those concerned
I just blame it on my teacher.

Regularly I'd promised to write,
Whether the days were dull or bright;
I haven't - by a long sight;
But, as I don't wish to be contrite
I just blame it on the mailman.

We'd decided to meet at eight;
Overslept and I'm gonna be late,
Even if I assume the hastiest gait;
You must be enraged I made you wait
So, I blame the transportation.

There is nothing wrong with me,
I'm as good as anyone can be;
But, to avoid a chide long 'n' lengthy,
I might fib to a tolerable degree
and just blame it on another.

If this poem hasn't come out well;
If you think it hurts the brain cell;
Then, let me tell you 'bout where I dwell
Noise, pollution and a neighbour from hell
I blame it on 'em all!

No comments: