Monday, July 07, 2008

How low can you go?

It's one of those days - the clouds are gray... and my hair is bigger than the state of Rhode Island. Is that all it takes to turn my smile upside down, u ask. No, no, I reply. I can't really put my finger on it. (Not on my hair, the reason for my frown.)

It's how jobs and marriages take us so far that just getting together with gal pals requires a 5-year plan.
It's how agonizing the curve to proving our capabilities is and how easily some people b.s. through it.
It's what my life is meant for... to help save the environment?... or to come up with the best way to nap? (...which could be pretty world-changing).
Or it could very well be this hangnail I've been chewing at all morning!

It's people who walk by my office calling me 'smiley'.
It's people who don't leave their trash out on Fridays and stink up the place by Monday.
It's people who mercilessly drive over little creatures on the roads.
It's people who won't stop talking about gas prices.
It's people who can't stop complaining... o wait... that's me.

It's one of those days when I feel like leaving the majority of the money-making to my significant other and taking up a low-stress career: like baby-sitting. Why not? I love babies. And I love them even more when they sit.

It's just one of those days!
_

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for droppin by! u shudn chew (hang)nails!!! tsk tsk!! its poisonous! lol as for the research, i didn get stuff that wasn somethin i didn already know (suppose thats what comes of bein surrounded by mal friends and ex's!) but ur poetry was the funnest part o the search! cheers!